So some of the lessons learned from this shoot were:
- No black / blue swimsuit, it blended out in the dark shots.
- Swimmer got cold between takes, so provide hot drinks, robe, or keep swimming
- Air supply would have been good, so next shoot going to organize a small scuba Pony tank.
- Bracket f stop and stop one / two stops above coupling range.
- Make sure flash was recharged between shots.
I did a few shots with B (bulb setting) with the flash, these turned out to be pretty interesting, but given air and a "tripod" and possibly multiple flashes in a dark ( nighttime ) pool could be really great.
We also did some 'art' shot of Allison suspended in the water, so these are not part of the four regular strokes.